Sunday, July 25, 2021

Daniel

I liked Daniel.

First, I knew some of the stories. Daniel surviving being thrown into the lion’s den, for one. The three believers (Shadrach, Meshach, Abednego) who refused to worship the king’s statue and walked out unharmed after being thrown into the fire as punishment, all because of their belief that God would protect them. Daniel interpreting the king’s dreams (which both protected and elevated his status and the status of the other three believers).

The first half was Daniel’s story of being held captive, told in chronological order.

Then the book starts to jump around throughout Daniel’s life. At first I couldn’t figure out why, but then I realized it started as a history so we could understand the context of Daniel’s dreams, the interpretations and prophecies, along with visits from Gabriel, who I assume was an angel. There is foretelling, if I am interpreting it correctly, of Jesus and the end of times.

A most interesting book.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Revelation

I just finished the last book of the Bible. I think I need the help of someone wiser than me to interpret John’s dream, or prophecy, or warn...