Monday, February 3, 2020

Patience

My word is Patience.

I kept reading about people picking their word of the year.  It popped up on Instagram, Facebook, even my work newsletter.  Honestly, I thought it was kind of silly.  But, as the year progresses, I realize I actually do have a word.  And, I find I need to go back to my word more and more often.

I did not read anything from the Bible last week.  (Insert sad face here.)

Last week I spend my free time reading my book club book (our meeting was Thursday night - I finished on Wednesday!), watching too much Netflix while my husband was out of town for the weekend (stay away from The Good Place - it is silly, but sucked me in again and again), and starting a new craft project (my inner artist needs nurturing too!).  

I need to be patient with myself when I don't live up to my self imposed expectations.

I started a new craft project this week.  I am trying to quilt.  Talk about teaching me patience!  Making a quilt, even a small beginner project, is very meticulous and time consuming.  I don't know how people do projects with little tiny pieces making a bedspread size quilt.  A tiny, simple beginner piece is hard enough!  Patience. Cutting accurately takes time; sewing precise quarter inch seams takes concentration; ironing without pulling is hard.  Patience.  Next weekend I will try to do the actual quilting...more taking things slow and easy.  Patience.

My ear is healing very slowly.

I ruptured my eardrum about three weeks ago now and am tired of waiting for it to heal!  It is getting better, but so much slower than I wanted.  Patience.  My hearing is starting to come back (yeah!) but it still feels...wrong, plugged up.  Patience.  I had a hearing test scheduled for Tuesday, but it just got rescheduled for Thursday.  Patience.

It's time to get back to my normal routine.

I finally went back to Pilates class and it was tougher than I thought it would be.  I was not at the same ability level as when I last went.  Patience.  This week I am back to Orange Theory after a two week hiatus and I am nervous.  What if I can't do everything I used to do?  What if I can't hear well enough to keep up?  Patience.  It will all be okay.

I do plan to read the rest of Numbers this week.  Just be patient with me, please.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Revelation

I just finished the last book of the Bible. I think I need the help of someone wiser than me to interpret John’s dream, or prophecy, or warn...