Sunday, November 7, 2021

1 & 2 Peter

I think these are two letters from Peter, one of Jesus’ original apostles.

But, the letters don’t read like they were written by the same person, so I am a bit confused. The style is completely different. And if Peter was a poor fisherman, how did he learn to write with such authority? Or am I reading too much into things? 2 Peter talks of Paul’s letters, so were they contemporaries? Did they spend time together? I guess it makes sense that they did.

The message remains consistent with Paul - treat each other with kindness, show love to one another, beware of false prophets. Were these letters also written to the Israelites? There are a number of references that only they would understand.

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

There is hope for us all.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Revelation

I just finished the last book of the Bible. I think I need the help of someone wiser than me to interpret John’s dream, or prophecy, or warn...