Thursday, November 4, 2021

James

Who wrote the book of James?

It is not a letter from Paul, I am pretty sure of that. It might have been written by James, himself. (But, who is James? He says, a servant of God and Lord Jesus Christ, so was he one of the apostles?)

This appears to be written to the Israelites, as he says it is written to the twelve tribes. And he references Old Testament people the Israelites would be familiar with. But I am not sure it is a letter, as it doesn’t end with a farewell. 

It appears to be more of a directive for living a Christ like life.

The main message seems to be, treat everyone equally and fairly. Don’t treat a rich man better than a poor one. Believe in Christ, but belief is not enough. You must also do good. You can’t have one and not the other. Don’t curse your fellow human, as we are all made in God’s image. Don’t boast, for who knows what tomorrow may bring. Pray. Pray for yourself. Pray for each other. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Revelation

I just finished the last book of the Bible. I think I need the help of someone wiser than me to interpret John’s dream, or prophecy, or warn...