Friday, August 13, 2021

Habakkuk

Habakkuk complains (asks questions) that I think a lot of us wonder about. 

And God replies.

Complaint number one: How long, Lord, must I call out for help… why do you tolerate wrongdoing?

God replies with one of my favorite verses, Look at the nations and watch— and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told.

God offers Habakkuk hope.

Complaint number two: Your eyes are too pure to look on evil, you cannot tolerate wrongdoing. Why then do you tolerate the treacherous? Why are you silent while the wicked swallow up those more righteous than themselves?

Again God says be patient, …for the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come…

More hope. 

So Habakkuk prays. 

He will wait patiently. 

God is his strength, and ours, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Revelation

I just finished the last book of the Bible. I think I need the help of someone wiser than me to interpret John’s dream, or prophecy, or warn...