Thursday, August 19, 2021

Zechariah

Zechariah, one more prophet.

I don’t know if I see more references to Jesus’s coming because I know what comes next or if that is what is truly being referenced. Am I getting better at seeing the meaning or am I reading more into the book than was intended?

This is what the Lord Almighty says: “Many peoples and the inhabitants of many cities will yet come, and the inhabitants of one city will go to another and say, ‘Let us go at once and entreat the Lord and seek the Lord Almighty’…In those days ten people from all languages and nations will take firm hold of one Jew by the hem of his robe and say, ‘Let us go with you, because we have heard that God is with you.’”

See, your king comes to you, righteous and victorious, lowly and riding on a donkey…

He will proclaim peace to the nations. His rule will extend from sea to sea and from the River to the ends of the earth.

They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him…

Is that Jesus he is referring to? I think so.

And the word of God, as heard by Zechariah…

Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another. Do not oppress the widow or fatherless, the foreigner or the poor. Do not plot evil against each other.

Speak the truth to each other, and render true and sound judgment in your courts; do not plot evil against each other, and do not live to swear falsely.

Yes.

In the end, I believe Zechariah is a book of hope. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Revelation

I just finished the last book of the Bible. I think I need the help of someone wiser than me to interpret John’s dream, or prophecy, or warn...