Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Micah

They say hindsight is twenty-twenty.

At first, Micah appeared to be just another prophet who was warning of disaster because of terrible behavior. He warned of calamities and ridicule. He warned of false prophets whose sole purpose is to just tell people what they want to hear - not the truth.

And then the twist.

Micah prophesies about Jesus. He tells of the man who will come from lowly Bethlehem, …out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from old, from ancient times. And …his greatness will reach to the ends of the earth. 

Sounds like Jesus to me.

A final wisdom takes us home; And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Yes. Very nice. Show mercy to others as God shows mercy to us. Be humbly like God.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Revelation

I just finished the last book of the Bible. I think I need the help of someone wiser than me to interpret John’s dream, or prophecy, or warn...