Saturday, September 25, 2021

Paul’s Letter to the Romans

At first I wasn’t sure I would like Romans.

Paul is not the easiest writer to read. His style is formal and a bit stiff. The first half was not my favorite - maybe because it was aimed at the Jews. All that talk about circumcision!

Then, about halfway through the book, I started to appreciate what Paul was saying.

If God is for us, who can be against us?

For I am convinced that neither death or life, neither angels nor demons, neither present nor the future … nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus out Lord.

Paul reminds that both Jews and Gentiles are children of the living God. 

He talks of love and God given gifts and our responsibility to use our gifts and treat everyone with love. Live in harmony with one another….Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. When did we forget that? Accept the one one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. Stop being so self righteous.

Now I like Paul and his letters. (Good thing, he wrote a lot if them!)

I even liked the personal greetings at the end. I liked that Paul recognized all the people helping spread the word, both men and women.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Revelation

I just finished the last book of the Bible. I think I need the help of someone wiser than me to interpret John’s dream, or prophecy, or warn...