Sunday, October 10, 2021

Galatians

I am beginning to feel for Paul.

He leaves an area inspired, full of hope for the new Christians, only to have the reality of their fragile belief come crashing down around him.

So Paul writes letters of encouragement, letters of rebuke, letters of re-education.

The Galatians have started listening to “apostles” who are starting to add their own rules, their own fears and prejudices to the teachings of Jesus. Paul has his work cut out for him and this letter is to the point. No fluff.  Don’t listen to these so called apostles, listen to me. Live by faith and love of your fellow mankind. Do good to all.

It is hard to be inspired when the people fall so easily. But Paul never loses faith.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Revelation

I just finished the last book of the Bible. I think I need the help of someone wiser than me to interpret John’s dream, or prophecy, or warn...